August 14, 2020 9:40:21 pm
Imagine a mouthful of the softness and creaminess of cheese coupled with the crispiness of papad — can there be a better combination? If you are in the mood to cook something indulgent this weekend, ditch your regular snack and try making cheese papad rolls instead.
Here is a simple and yummy recipe by food blogger Reshu Drolia that you can attempt, courtesy her blog Mintsrecipes.
View this post on Instagram
This is really a very unique recipe using Papad and stuffing. This will simply make you stand out in parties.. Try this today! . #papad #papadroll #indianfood #indianrecipes #mintsrecipes #foodlover #foodgasm #foodpic #eat #tasty #hungry #yum #eeeeeats #breakfast #nomnom #foodpics #foodblogger #foodies #homemade #homecook #foodgram #healthyfood #foods #yummy #foodlover #foodgasm #igfood #yum .
Cheese corn filling
2 tbsp – Butter
1 tsp – Garlic
2 tbsp – All-purpose flour
1 cup – Milk, room temperature
⅓ cup – Sweet corn, boiled
⅓ cup -Processed cheese, grated
Red chilli flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
½ cup – Mozzarella cheese, grated
For papad roll
5-6 – Masala readymade papad
A bowl of water
* Heat a pan and add butter to it. Let it melt. Add garlic and saute.
* Now add all-purpose flour and mix on low flame for about two minutes.
* Add the cup of milk gradually as you keep mixing the ingredients.
* Once the sauce is ready, add boiled sweet corn followed by processed cheese.
* Sprinkle some red chilli flakes and mixed herbs. Add salt as per taste. Mix the ingredients properly. Your cheese corn mixture is ready. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
* Once the mixture cools down, add grated mozzarella cheese and mix.
* Soak the masala papad in water to soften them. Take them out of water and dab with a tissue that will absorb the remaining water.
* Now place one papad on a flat surface. Add some of the cheese corn filling on one side. Fold the papad from one side to form a roll. Double coat it with another papad. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
* For frying, heat oil in a pan. Add the papad rolls and fry till they turn golden brown. Your papad rolls are ready. Serve.
When are you making this?
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.