Updated: November 9, 2015 10:25:31 pm
Maggi will soon be back on the stands, so, in preparation, why not brush up on some delicious recipes featuring the snack?
1. Fried Maggi recipe
1 large Onion thinly chopped
1 large tomato thinly chopped
1 capsicum thinly chopped
Boiled vegetables (carrots, peas, potato) cut in to small pieces
1 pack Maggi noodles
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp oil
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
– Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
– Add finely chopped green chillies and let it fry for 2 mins.
– And finely chopped onions, fry till onions become translucent.
– Add finely chopped capsicum, tomatoes and Saute for few more seconds on medium high flame and then add some salt to it.
– Now add one table spoon of soya sauce and mix it, then add Maggi taste maker which comes with its packet.
– Add boiled vegetables to it, and cook them for 2-3 mins,
– You can add veggies of your choice and keep the mixture aside.
– Now take a bowl, add 2-1/2 cup water and bring it to boil.
– Add Magggi, Stir for few seconds and then simmer the flame.
– Leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes until noodles become soft and little dry.
– Strain the water, keep the maggi aside.
– Now, add the maggi to the vegetable mixture and mix them properly with the help of forks so that the the taste makers are mixed with maggi properly.
– Make sure you don’t mix too much.
– Serve this dish immediately to enjoy a great snack dish.
2. Maggi with eggs and caremelized onions
Boil water, add Maggi noodles and the tastemaker. Allow the Maggi to cook; in the meanwhile take out onion flakes. Put some olive oil in a pan and saute the onion flakes. You can also add garlic pieces. To caramelize onions, add a bit of sugar. Take out the yolk of two eggs and add it on the pan above onions and garlic.
Serve Maggi in a plate, layer fried eggs on the top and then top it with the caramelized garlic and onions.
3. Maggi Noodles Spring Rolls
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 capsicum cut lengthwise
1 spring onion cut lengthwise
4-5 french beans cross cut
Maggi noodles and taste maker
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon ginger chilli paste
1 teaspoon chaat masala
salt to taste
tabasco or capsico sauce
plain flour paste
To make the filling:
– Heat 1 tbsp. oil. Saute capsicum and french beans for 2 minutes.
– Add Maggi noodles.
– Add water and let the mixture boil. Add the taste maker.
– Add ginger chilli paste, chaat masala, 1 and 1/2 tbsp. tomato ketchup, shredded cabbage and spring onions. Add salt as per taste and mix well.
To make the rolls:
– Take one spring roll sheet. Spread the noodles mixture over the sheets.
– Make tight rolls covering up the noodle mixture completely. Fix the edges of the rolls with plain flour paste and deep fry the rolls.
– Cut the rolls in pieces once they cool down a bit.
– Serve with capsico and tabsaco sauce mixture.
4. Street Masala Maggi
2 packs Maggi
1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Chopped ginger, green chillies
1/2 Onion (chopped)
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 yello bell pepper (diced)
1/2 diced tomato
1/4 cup peas
* Take and pan and add oil
* Add chopped ginger and green chillies
* Saute this on medium to high flame for a minute
* After a minute, add onion and saute for another minute or two
* Add salt, bell pepper (you can also add green capsicum), tomato
* Add 1 cup of water and peas and tastemaker
* Add noodles
* Cook for few minutes
5. Noodle Cutlet
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup corn, boiled and mashed
2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
1 1/2 cup noodles, boiled, drained
1/2 tsp cumin powder roasted
Salt to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 cup cheese grated
2 tbsp milk
Bread crumbs to coat
Oil (to shallow fry)
* Add boiled peas in a bowl and mash it with your hands
* Now add yellow corns. Mash it a bit
* Add besan and mix well
* Add noodles, salt, cumin powder, garlic powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, chilli flakes
* Mix everything well and add cheese.
* Add a bit of milk and mash everything really well
* Make cutlets and coat them with bread crumbs
* Add oil to a pan and place your cutlets; shallow fry
6. Spicy Chicken Maggi Noodles
1 pack Maggi Hungrooo
Chopped Onion (1 1/2)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp chilly powder
1/2 kg boneless chicken (cut in small cubes)
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
* Take chicken in the bowl, add chilly powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice
* Add tastemaker and a bit of sugar
* Pour oil in a pan, add garlic, saute for few seconds and add chopped onions and saute for 1-2 minutes
* Add chicken and let it cook for 10 minutes
* Add more salt if you want
* Add boiled Maggi noodles to the pan
* Mix, cook and serve
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.