Tasty, healthy and flavourful – Aloo Methi ki sabzi is a must-have in winters. Here’s the recipe.
250 grams Fresh fenugreek leaves
250 grams potatoes (3-4 medium size)
2 tbsp Mustard oil
1-2 pinch Asafoetida
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Coriander powder
2 Green chilly (finely chopped)
less then ¼ tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Salt (as per taste)
* Remove stalk of the fenugreek (methi) leaves.
* Wash the leaves twice and place them in a sieve or in plate and slide the plate diagonally so that excess water drains out.
* Peel potatoes and then cut them.
* Keep potatoes in water while you chop leaves.
* Chop the leaves and make 8-10 pieces from one potato.
* Heat some oil. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds. Also add turmeric powder, coriander powder and green chilies.
* Add potatoes as well and mix all ingredients.
* Now add ½ tsp salt and sauté until potatoes get nicely coated with the masala. Add 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
* Open and stir the sabzi, mix methi leaves, salt and red chilly powder as well. Also add 1-2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Keep a constant check on Sabzi. If the potatoes are still hard cook for 3-4 more minutes.
Luscious and mouth watering aloo methi Sabzi is ready. Take it out in a bowl and serve with piping hot chapatti or parantha.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.