January 29, 2015 1:43:13 pm
You can do many things with potato – make paratha, chaat, tikki, sabzi and what not. You can even make a salad out of it and it tastes delicious. In Nepal, this recipe is called Aloo achar or Nepalese Potato Salad. The difference is that in Nepal people use sesame oil to make it, while we will use olive oil.
POTATO SESAME SALAD
4 potatoes (medium sized)
Salt (as per taste)
2 green chilli (chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 inch long piece ginger
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoon sesame
1 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped)
* Wash and boil potatoes in cooker.
* Peel them and cut them into 4-6 pieces each.
* Do not cut the potatoes immediately after boiling them. Rather let them cool down for 1 hour and then cut into pieces.
* Roast the sesame in a small pan until brown.
* Put olive oil, salt, green chilli, lemon juice and ginger into the potatoes and mix well.
* Put 1/2 tablespoon coriander leaves in the salad and mix it well too.
* Potato Sesame Salad is ready. Put the salad in a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves. You can also eat it as an evening snack.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.