August 20, 2018 12:58:14 pm
Namrata Purohit has been a constant source of motivation for Pilates enthusiasts. The celebrity trainer who works with Bollywood A-listers like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Malaika Arora, Sonakshi Sinha and others, has opened up a Pilates Studio in Jaipur as well.
Recently, she took to Instagram and shared a video of herself working out on a reformer. For the uninitiated, a reformer is a bed-like frame with an adjustable platform on it that moves back and forth. You too can follow her lead, but it’s advisable to do it under supervision the first time.
Here are some benefits of working out on a reformer.
Check out the video here.
Subscriber Only Stories
* It offers overall strength, flexibility, coordination, and balance, which in turn leads to a better posture, efficient movement and relief from back pain.
* Working out on a reformer also tones abs, back, buttocks and thighs. While the same can be availed on a Pilates mat, a reformer offers a varied environment for exercises.
* Pushing and pulling against the resistance of the reformer helps to build strength and strengthen bones. Also, the set-up of the reformer is conducive to building up muscles without adding bulk.
* Reformer Pilates can help shed those extra pounds when combined with a healthy diet and cardio exercises. Regular workouts help increase your heart rate and boost metabolism.
Would you try out this equipment in your workout regime? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.