- Malaika Arora shares her favourite yoga asanas and how they help her stay fit on International Yoga Day 2018
- International Yoga Day 2018: From Malaika Arora to Shilpa Shetty, try these top 10 Bollywood celebrity-inspired fitness hacks
- WATCH: Yasmin Karachiwala’s latest fitness lesson on Instagram is on how to be mentally and physically fit
So how does the woman who trains Bollywood stars keep herself fit? Yasmin Karachiwala, who has A-list celebs like Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, and Katrina Kaif working out under her expert guidance has an extensive fitness regime for herself. In one of her fitness videos, she talks about why the jack rabbit, pike and shoulder flexion on a reformer is one of her favourite combinations and how it works for every part of her body.
If you are a beginner, then you should know that this exercise regime is widely believed to be good for increasing shoulder strength, working out the core muscles and full body integration. Here’s how:
* Workout techniques like pike-ups are very challenging and engage a lot of muscles. The good thing is that one does not need a gym trainer to follow it. You can easily do it at the comfort of your home.
* The jack rabbit workout is known as one of the world’s hardest core exercises to build up overall body strength and coordination. However, it is not for the one with a weak stomach.
* Shoulder flexion is an exercise that involves moving your arms out front and then lifting them up. There are many ways of doing a shoulder flexion and the exercise strengthens the muscles by mobilising the shoulder muscles and engaging many of them. It takes about 10-15 minutes everyday and can easily be included in your exercise regime.