June 23, 2020 8:50:19 pm
Simply working on the abdominal muscles won’t give you those coveted six-packs. There’s only one way to lose fat from the belly and that’s by creating a negative energy balance. In this way, you can burn more calories in a day than we consume. Abdominal muscles along with pelvic floor muscles, back muscles and diaphragm form the base that supports the entire body. Collectively, these are known as core muscles.
Core muscles help maintain the correct posture, balance and stability and thus reduce the risk of injuries, be it in a gym while doing a workout or at home going about your daily chores. Here are three workouts that can help to get your core right.
View this post on Instagram
🔗Click the link in my bio for free body weight fitness workouts!🔗 • DAY 4 – today’s road to v-sit is completely ab focused. As I felt that I my abs need to become significantly stronger in order to do the v-sit. • I started with a couple of sets of leg raises to get my lower abs fired up! I highly recommend to do leg raises if you want to train your lower abs! • Another big part of the session was focused on the obliques. That’s why I did quite a lot sets of diagonal crunches. • The dumbbell side bend is another great exercise to do when trying to train your obliques and the side of your core! • 👉If you like my content, feel free to follow me! @_fitnessary 🤩🤩 • #vups #vsitup #vsitups #vsitupsarethedevil #abexercises #abworkout #abdominalexercises #bandexercises #fitnessexercises #upperbodyexercises #abgains #lsit #lsits #fitnessexercises #vsitexercise #upperabsworkout #upperabs #lowerabs #lowerabsworkout #coreworkout💕 #coreworkouttoday #coreworkout #coreworkouts #obliqueexercises #obliqueexercise #abworkoutvideos #abworkoutvids #legraises #legraisesfordays #legraiseschallenge #dumbbellsidebends
* Lie on your back with legs straight and together; do not bend knees.
* Lift your legs slowly all the way up to the ceiling until your butts come off the floor.
* Bring your legs down slowly but do not touch the floor.
* Breathe out while lifting your legs and breathe in while going down.
* Lie on your back with the lower back pressed to the ground.
* Put your hands behind your head and lift your knees.
* Lift your right shoulder and bring your left knee to the chest and touch your right elbow to the left knee.
* Straighten your right leg to 45 degrees.
* Now switch sides and do the same movement on the opposite side to complete one rep.
View this post on Instagram
I've been enjoying core work a lot lately. . . I used to avoid it because honestly it was just really hard for me. Hollow body holds especially felt terrible. I felt like I couldn't stop my lower back from extending which was super uncomfortable. . . But with a bit of work over the last few months things are feeling better! . . Here's a few exercises I'm enjoying lately.
Hollow Body Hold
* Lie on your back with your arms extended above head and legs straight resting on the floor.
* At the same time, lift your legs to 45 degrees and lift your arms, head and shoulders off the ground.
* Hold this position for 25 – 30 secs.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.