Having a good night’s sleep is crucial for a person’s well-being. It dictates how the rest of their day will pan out in terms of their alertness, overall mood, appetite, and what kind of food they will gravitate towards.
Not being able to sleep well can cause a host of problems, and in the long run, it causes irreparable damages to the mind and the body. As such, it is important to ensure you work on your sleeping habits and establish a healthy pattern. Yoga can help you tackle stress, enabling you to hit the bed in a calm state. It can also ensure you wake up feeling fresh and relaxed, as opposed to anxious.
Grand master Akshar, a philanthropist, spiritual master, lifestyle coach, yoga-preneur and author, says yoga is a holistic science that can be therapeutic for those suffering from sleep disorders such as insomnia, disturbed sleep, sleep apnea ,and many other sleep related issues.
He lists some asanas, explaining that you can hold each posture for 20 to 30 seconds and repeat for up to three times. The yoga poses are simple and can be done by anybody, even a beginner. Read on.
– Gently drop your knees downward.
– Bring you pelvis to rest on heels.
– Do not place the toes on top of the other, instead they must be positioned next to each other.
– Stretch your arms forward and rest your forehead down.
Sukhasana – Happy Pose
– Gently drop your knees down.
– Rest your pelvis on your heels.
– Keep your heels close to each other.
– Place your palms on your knees facing upward.
– Straighten your back and look forward.