July 29, 2015 5:42:49 pm
Be it palazzos or flared skirts, flaunt your colourful kurtis with different bottom wear instead of just sticking to the usual salwars.
Meena Bindra, chairperson of Indian ethnic wear brand BIBA, shares how:
* Palazzos: Palazzos are undoubtedly a huge trend these days. The iconic palazzos revitalized with a dash of ethnic designs are a big hit with young women. The style and cut of the garment make it an apt choice for summer season.
They can be teamed up with long kurtis to give a sophisticated yet delicate look. Printed palazzos go well with solid print kurtis while you can rock a classy look if you team up a plain palazzo with a minimalist print kurta.
* Flared skirts: Flared skirts are a successor of the Indian garment – ghagra. They have been in vogue forever. Worn with straight cut kurtis to tops, there are countless styles that could be adopted while wearing a skirt. A crushed fabric stole will complement the look further. Depending upon the design and fabric, the look can be customized for a daily wear or for an occasion wear.
* Flared culottes: Flared culottes come in various looks – plain, printed or crinkled.
All of them can be teamed up with short and mid-length kurtis. Giving the impression of a divided skirt, they are extremely comfortable.
* Straight pants: Pants in cotton, polyester or linen are one of the most comfortable bottom wear options for summer as they can be teamed up with any type of straight kurtis, be it a long and flowy one or a short and shirt style one. Pants/trousers instantly give you a formal yet stylish look.
Printed cotton trousers look best with basic colour kurtis while linen trousers can be paired with smart shirts or short kurtis.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.