The best thing about smokey eyes make-up is that they go well with almost any outfit. Be it a vibrant ethnic wear or uber cool street style, it can add to just about any look. And the interesting part is that you don’t really need an eyeliner to get the perfect smokey eyes. A kajal will do just fine.
With Diwali right around the corner, just like any other Indian festival, people like to dress in their ethnic best and flaunt their perfect make-up skills. So, to help you, here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to get smokey eyes in less than two minutes, using only a kajal.
Celebrity make-up artist Namrata Soni, who is the mastermind behind Sonam Kapoor’s beautiful and experimental make-up posted a video giving an easy tutorial on smokey eyes. Take a look:
* Line your upper lash line with kajal in a thick manner.
* Now smudge the applied kajal lightly using a make-up brush.
* Line your lower lash line in a thick manner.
* Smudge it lightly for a rounded effect.
Tip: Try doing your eye make-up after applying a primer and an eye concealer as it helps the eye make-up blend easily and stay longer.
If you are bored of the same black eye make-up, you can try doing variations by using different coloured kajals.
While most of you might have already tried smokey eyes, given its popularity, did you ever try a reverse smokey eyes? This, as the name suggests, is a reverse of smokey eyes, and in this, the lower lash line needs to be more thick and dark than the upper one.
Have a look at this video, also posted by Soni:
* Apply a thick layer of kajal on your lower lash line.
* Smudge the line with a brush.
* Extend the line into a wing.
* Smudge the wing upwards, gently.
* Add another layer of kajal on top of the smudged layer.
* Now, apply a thin layer of kajal on the upper lash line.
* Curl your lashes and apply mascara for a more defined look.
Ever tried these eye make-up ideas? Let us know in the comments section below.