Time was when pairs of casual shoes were kept for running, hitting the gym or simply for sporty looks. But entry of such footwear onto the runway has opened a number of fashion hatchways. So this Summer, shake up the style quotient by pairing them with a formal look, an elegant long skirt or Bohemian printed maxi dress, says an expert.
Swati Deogire, Myntra fashion advisor, shares some tips on how to style casual shoes right this Summer.
* Break the intensity of a formal bodycon or a pencil skirt by wearing it with casual white sneakers. Trust us, it’ll take your fashion game to the next level.
* A bohemian, printed maxi dress is a summer staple. Slip into a pair of casual sneakers the next time you sport one to channel your inner flower child. A floppy hat and oversized sunnies are all you need.
* You don’t always need a casual outfit to wear those casual shoes. It can be the wow factor when worn with an elegant full skirt and a graceful top. All you need is sun-kissed make-up.
* Casual shoes and denim are a match made in heaven. Wear them with distressed denim shorts, a buttoned-up denim skirt or dungarees.
* Add a bit of oomph to your casual printed chino shorts and plain tee look with a pair of casual sneakers. Trust us, the ladies will be noticing.
* Go full formal above the ankles in a fitted suit complete with a blazer and tie. Shake things up a little by slipping into casual sneakers instead of your regular oxfords.
* Give others some serious fashion goals as you step outside in a pair of distressed denims, printed T-shirt and casual shoes. Make sure you wear ankle socks to go with it.
* Summer is synonymous with everything linen. Go for comfy linen separates in pastel hues and break it up with cool sneakers.