In monsoon, getting drenched happens to be on the top of the list. Though its fun to play in the rain, the victim of such a joyful experience is the hair hence its important to keep in mind some tips to preserve your tresses and avoid hair problems. Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President, R&D and Head, Medical Services from Kaya Clinic gives tips to get hassle free hair.
* If you do wet your hair in the rain, make sure that you wash your hair as soon as possible with a mild shampoo and condition after that. Do not leave the rainwater in the hair for a long time as it is high in chemical contents and can damage the hair.
* Oil massages can work wonders during monsoon season. Simply, pamper your hair with a good oil massage twice a week. This will not only nourish your scalp with essential nutrients but also strengthen the hair roots.
* Healthy hair is a direct result of what you include in your daily diet. Eat a protein and vitamin-rich diet. Vitamins and proteins are the building blocks of the hair and they help your hair regain its natural strength, thus preventing hair fall.
Sonia Mathur, Head – Training and Competence Development at Divine Organics has come up with some quick tips and tricks that can be included in your daily regimen:
* To restore a sticky and sweaty scalp due to the rains and humidity, ensure you add a mild shampoo and conditioner to your hair care routine. This will provide the right amount of nourishment and strengthen the roots. Shampoo and condition your hair at least 2-3 times a week to keep it healthy and nourished.
* Avoid using continuous heat on hair. It leads to cracks in the cuticle layer, split ends and increased frizz. If styling is a must, minimize this damage by adding a strong heat protectant prior to styling your hair.
* Staying hydrated is always a must. On average you should aim to drink around 8-12 glasses of water a day.