Updated: May 6, 2016 12:40:25 pm
Practising good facial care is as important for men as it is for women. Try the lemon and aloe vera mask or the almond, milk and lime juice one to get soft and supple skin this Summer.
Manisha Chopra, co-founder of SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals, has shared facial tips for men to regain the glow during the Summer heat.
* Lemon and aloe vera mask: Lemon is a natural bleaching agent to lighten skin tone. If combined with aloe vera, this becomes one of the most effective home remedies to remove tan. Juice up a lemon and mash the aloe vera leaves separately. Mix them into a paste and apply this pack on the tanned area of the skin and let it dry. Wash after 15 minutes and see the results.
* Oatmeal, curd and tomato juice: Oatmeal can be an excellent scrub, whereas the citric property of curd not only eliminates the tan but also keep the blemishes away. Tomato juice lightens the skin naturally. So if you make a paste of all three, add a few drops of lemon juice to it, apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes and imagine the miraculous results it might create.
* Almond, milk and lime juice: Almond has the properties to remove facial impurities and dead skin cells whereas milk helps in lightening the skin. To make a face pack with these there, soak four almonds overnight. Finely grind them by removing the skin. Make a paste by adding one teaspoon of milk and three drops of lemon juice. A regular application of this pack overnight for 15 days can do wonders to your burnt and tanned skin.
* Turmeric powder, yogurt and honey face pack: Turmeric powder helps to treat various skin diseases. Honey is a natural moisturising agent that allows the skin to retain its supple and elastic nature. When these two are mixed with turmeric, it becomes an effective remedy not only for tan removal but also works as a moisturising agent for treating dry skin in Summer.
* Sandalwood, milk and turmeric pack: Sandalwood powder has skin whitening agents and is effective to remove sun tans and cure sun burns. When mixed with turmeric and skin lightening milk, the pack can improve your overall complexion and alleviate any form of irritation caused to the skin during summers. To make the pack, mix these three ingredients and apply it on the affected areas. Remove it after 15 minutes with fresh water and notice your skin retaining its natural fairness.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.