Deepika Padukone’s love for Sabyasachi saris is well known. There have been many-a-times when she has picked a Sabyasachi wonder to dress for the occasion and more often than not, has looked absolutely striking in the designer’s creations. The Paadmavat actor who is getting married to her longtime beau Ranveer Singh celebrated a pre-wedding ceremony and it came as no surprise that she chose a Sabyasachi ensemble for the event.
While we would like to bet on a Sabyasachi number, nothing is written in stone. However, the designer would be more than happy as back in 2016, in a conversation with indianexpress.com on being asked which Bollywood celebs he would like to dress up for their wedding, the designer said, “Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh! I think they would make such a great couple.”
On this note, let’s take a look at the times when the beauty has bowled everyone over in the designer’s six yards creations:
* While attending the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2018 along with Ranveer Singh. Deepika donned a floral printed ivory Sabyasachi sari with a matching sleeveless blouse. Not just the sari, we also love the statement golden necklace from Sabyasachi, that added a lot of elegance to her look.
* On another occasion, the actor stepped out in a gorgeous black sari. Stylist Shaleena Nathani deserves credit for picking out the lovely sheer sari, which was teamed with a sequined and embellished semi-sheer blouse.
* Whenever Deepika Padukone opts for a Sabyasachi outfit, it’s mostly a beautiful blend of grace and charm. Seen here is the actor wearing a candy-striped sari with a full sleeve, jewel neck blouse featuring metallic cuffs.
* At her dad Prakash Padukone’s felicitation ceremony for the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award of Badminton Association of India, the actor left fashion experts in awe in a stunning Sabyasachi couture sari. She picked a peach Benarasi weave with elaborate golden embroidery at the ends and paired it with a half-sleeve jewel-neck blouse.
* Just after the release of her movie Padmavat, the actor stunned in a gold sari with floral embellishments in pink and green, designed and created by Sabyasachi. The matching trail made it look like a royal dream and Padukone wore it well with chunky golden-pink kundan jhumkas from the designer’s collection.
* For the GQ Fashion Nights event last year, the actor wore a dazzling black, embellished sari from Sabyasachi and teamed it with a sultry, deep-neck blouse. It looked stunning on the actor.
While Sabyasachi really knows how to weave his magic with a traditional six yards, it remains to be seen if bride-to-be Deepika Padukone picks up a creation from the designer for her D-Day.