Here’s a golden opportunity to visit Kerala and that too at virtually no cost. The Kerala Tourism department has launched an online bidding game offering holiday packages to the state where the winner would be the one bidding the lowest price.
So how does it work? In this bidding system which is called ‘lowest unique bid’, the package, which is up for bidding, would be won by the person who bids the lowest as well as unique. If two people bid the same price, that amount will get cancelled. For Example, if a person bids for a package worth Rs 20,000 at Rs 10, the package will be awarded to the person if nobody else has bid Rs 10 and no other unique bid is made which is less than Rs 10.
- Retail licences for natural gas distribution: Ninth auction sees more than 400 bids; Adani Group emerges as top bidder
- IRCTC Tourism offers 7-day trip to Ladakh, check details here
- IRCTC Tourism offers 5-day trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands; check details here
- Punjab sand crisis: 107 mines auctioned in four rounds, only 23 are operational
- Amid plans to ramp up target from 175 GW to 227 GW: Transmission wrangles threaten to hold up green energy push
- At auction of panchayat land for SCs, farm labourers bid with ‘help’ from landlords
‘Visit Kerala Bid Wars’ will be promoted on the Facebook page of Kerala Tourism. The bid will include packages from Rs 8,000 to Rs 78,000. The bidding will happen for one package each at a time. The details of the package and its worth will be available on the Facebook app.
“Kerala Tourism enjoys round-the-year engagement with our huge fan base across the world,” said Kerala Tourism Secretary G Kamala Vardhana Rao. “This bidding process is a unique way to acknowledge the bond with each other,” he added.
“It will also help us continue our association with our fans by providing an opportunity to gain first-hand experience of being in the place they love,” Rao said.
Kerala Bid Wars will takes place on the official Facebook page of Kerala Tourism (http://bit.ly/KeralaBidWars). An android app titled “VisitKerala BidWars” which is available on Google Play Store (http://bit.ly/VisitKeralaBidWars) can also be used to take part in the bidding.
The bid will be active for a few days initially. The winner will be announced for each package soon after it ends and before the next package will be up for bidding.