Updated: August 4, 2017 5:00:13 pm
The Staff Selection Commission has released a list of instructions regarding the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) tier 1 exam 2017. Candidates who are appearing for the paper should note that a number of items including phones, bags and electronic watches are prohibited in the examination hall.
SSC CGL tier 1 exam will be conducted from Saturday, August 5 to Thursday, August 24, 2017. The admit card for the exam have been released on July 31 and are available for download on the official website (ssc.nic.in). There will be no exam conducted on August 7, 13, 14 and 15
The paper would include 25 questions each on general intelligence, reasoning, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and English comprehension.
Here are the items prohibited at the exam hall for SSC CGL tier 1 2017:
– Watches (there will be an electronic watch in the exam room)
– Paper chits
– Mobile phones
– Bluetooth devices
– Pen/buttonhole cameras
– Storage devices
– Pen/pencil (these will be provided in the exam lab)
– Items containing metals (including jewellery, hair bands and hair pins)
– Full sleeved clothes
– Clothes with big buttons
– Closed footwear (only sandals and floaters allowed)
Candidates will be subject to frisking during the exam and may even be asked to remove shoes if they do not follow the above conditions. Those appearing for the exam more than once will be disqualified and debarred from all SSC exams for three years. Read | SSC CGL 2017: Some quick tips to score well, click here
Candidates who cause obstruction during the papers will be subject to legal/criminal proceedings and will have their candidature cancelled.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.