Two women were injured in an explosion inside a house in Burdwan district on Saturday morning.
“The house is located in Begunkhola village near Ketugram. It collapsed from the impact of the blast, leaving two women injured,” Burdwan SP Kunal Agarwal said.
The incident comes two days after a major blast at an illegal cracker factory in Pingla, in West Midnapore, claimed 12 lives, mostly of minors.
The explosion on Saturday took place around 8.30 am. According to the police, the house was used to stock crude bombs.
- Boy injured in Kolkata Nagerbazar blast dies as parents do 3-hour round of hospitals
- West Bengal: Bomb blast at TMC office kills party worker, injures five others
- Blasts in West Bengal: A timeline
- 2 blasts, one at TMC leader’s house
- Two women arrested in connection with Burdwan blast
- Two suspected militants killed in blast in Burdwan
A senior police official said the house belonged to one Sanjoy Ghosh who was arrested from Katwa in connection to a criminal case a few days ago.
The bomb squad reached the spot and collected samples for forensic examination.
The women, who happened to be passing by, were injured when the house exploded suddenly.
They were rushed to the district hospital with splinter injuries, police said.
On October 2 last year, a blast in the district’s Khagragarh locality had claimed the lives of two suspected members of Jamaat-ul Maujahideen Bangladesh.