At 11.30 am Kolkata felt earthquake tremors that lasted for two minutes and was recorded 7.4 on Richter scale.
- Maharashtra: 2.8 magnitude quake hits Raigad, adjoining areas
- Earthquake in Haryana’s Sonipat, tremors felt in Delhi NCR
- Mild earthquake in Himachal Pradesh, no casualties reported
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors in Bengal, Assam
- Tremors felt across Indian subcontinent
- Two earthquakes rock Assam in a span of 2 hours
The epicenter of this earthquake was at Pokhara in Nepal. Other than Kolkata, Delhi and Bihar felt the tremors too.
Residents and office goers across Kolkata rushed out of their houses, some schools in south Kolkata were also evacuated.
Metro Rail services were disrupted for sometime as result of the earthquake. No loss of life or major loss of property in Kolkata has been reported.