At 11.30 am Kolkata felt earthquake tremors that lasted for two minutes and was recorded 7.4 on Richter scale.
- Mild earthquake in Himachal Pradesh, no casualties reported
- Earthquake rattle NW Pakistan, 9 children injured
- Gujarat: Earthquake measuring 3.7 hits Bharuch district, epicentre near Narmada dam
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors in Bengal, Assam
- Tremors felt across Indian subcontinent
- Two earthquakes rock Assam in a span of 2 hours
The epicenter of this earthquake was at Pokhara in Nepal. Other than Kolkata, Delhi and Bihar felt the tremors too.
Residents and office goers across Kolkata rushed out of their houses, some schools in south Kolkata were also evacuated.
Metro Rail services were disrupted for sometime as result of the earthquake. No loss of life or major loss of property in Kolkata has been reported.