Six persons were arrested on Saturday at Belakoba and snake venom worth about Rs 100 crore was seized from them.
- I believe that touching a snake opens people’s minds and changes it forever: Romulus Whitaker at Express Adda
- Snake venom worth Rs 100 crore seized at Barasat, 3 held
- Bengal forest range officials seize snake venom worth Rs 250 crore
- ‘Cobra Venom’: Six accused in Forest custody, officials say they are only couriers
- ‘Cobra venom’ worth Rs 100 cr seized, six smugglers arrested
- Two men arrested with ‘snake venom’ worth Rs 2 crore
The six persons were arrested by forest police personnel from Belakoba, Sanjoy Datta, Ranger, Baikunthapur forest division, said.
The venom was seized from the persons who were on three motorcycles and it was probably being smuggled to Bhutan, he said.
It was stored in containers inside schoolbags which they were carrying, he said.
Scientists use venom to develop anti-venoms.