A Trinamool Congress booth committee leader was injured and his wife was killed in a bomb explosion at their house in West Bengal’s Birbhum district in the wee hours today.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Mukhesh Kumar said the incident occurred at Buro Hansda’s (45) house at Bilati village around 3 am.
- Birbhum: TMC office blown up, no casualty
- Row over Malda incident: Son of woman who won Bengal local polls shot at
- Two killed, 4 injured in blast at Trinamool Congress office
- West Bengal: Local BJP leader murdered in South 24 Parganas, party blames TMC
- TMC leader shot dead
- CPM man dies in Nanoor clash
Hansda’s wife, Churki Hansda (37) died on the spot in the explosion while the Trinamool leader who sustained injuries, was rushed to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital.
The SP said Hansda had complained to the police that some one had hurled a bomb at his residence in the early hours.