A Trinamool Congress booth committee leader was injured and his wife was killed in a bomb explosion at their house in West Bengal’s Birbhum district in the wee hours today.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Mukhesh Kumar said the incident occurred at Buro Hansda’s (45) house at Bilati village around 3 am.
- The ruling party leader was shot at on Wednesday: Blame game begins after TMC leader dies
- Boy injured in Kolkata Nagerbazar blast dies as parents do 3-hour round of hospitals
- Kolkata Nagerbazar blast kills 6-year-old boy, injures nine; TMC blames BJP for ‘planned attack’
- Birbhum: TMC office blown up, no casualty
- TMC leader shot dead
- CPM man dies in Nanoor clash
Hansda’s wife, Churki Hansda (37) died on the spot in the explosion while the Trinamool leader who sustained injuries, was rushed to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital.
The SP said Hansda had complained to the police that some one had hurled a bomb at his residence in the early hours.