After pulling up party ministers and leaders for their slackness, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Sing Yadav today took to task office bearers of the state and district units.
In a meeting at the state party headquarters here, the SP chief expressed his displeasure over complaints that party leaders and workers were not properly publicising the good work and people’s welfare programmes of the state government, party sources said.
The SP chief took serious exception to party leaders indulging in groupism and politics up to the police station level instead of working for people and gave them a month’s time to mend their ways, the sources said.
- To counter ‘pariwarwad’ charges, Akhilesh Yadav decides to contest Lok Sabha polls from wife’s constituency
- BJP terms Akhilesh, Mayawati’s proposed Karnataka visit ‘political tourism’
- Strengthening new bond with BSP, SP plans grand Ambedkar Jayanti
- Decoding the arithmetic of potential SP-BSP alliance in run-up to 2019 general elections
- Fresh signs of strain in SP; Shivpal Yadav expels pro-CM MLCs, others
- Disastrous results for SP if polls held now: Mulayam Singh
He warned that if there is no improvement, such leaders and workers could also be shown the door.
In the meeting which was presided over by state unit president Akhilesh Yadav, the party chief said as the number of complainants were rising at the SP headquarters it was clear that party leaders and workers were not doing the needful at the district level.
Earlier on Janeshwar Misra Jayanti on August 5, the SP chief had warned that several ministers will not be able to win the next elections because of their slackness and had expressed his anger that no preparation had been made by the party for the coming panchayat polls.
The state spokesman of the party Rajendra Chaudhary said that deliberations were held in today’s meeting on the coming panchayat polls.
Besides discussing the strategy for the panchayat polls, it was decided that the process of constituting booth committees would be completed by August 31.
Chaudhary said that stress was also given on regular meetings for making different cells of the party more active.