“When Mulayam Singh Yadav can scold the chief minister, there is nothing wrong in his scolding an official,” Akhilesh said to pointed questions by media persons in Farrukhabad.
Meanwhile, Governor Ram Naik refused to comment on the controversy, terming it is a political issue. “I will not comment on it…it is a political issue,” he said, adding, “Whatever has to be done, will be done.”
- Action will be taken against Akhilesh Yadav over damage to official bungalow: UP govt
- Defying HC order, MP CM allows three ex-CMs to stay in bungalows, excludes Digvijaya Singh
- UP bungalow row: Mulayam Singh, Akhilesh Yadav withdraw plea from Supreme Court
- Akhilesh Yadav, Dimple seek LDA nod to build hotel on posh Vikramaditya Marg
- Bungalow row: Officials who used to ‘pick up cups and plates’ maligning my name, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Inside Akhilesh Yadav’s former bungalow: From ‘damaged’ pool to ‘missing’ bathroom fittings
The SP chief is in the eye of a storm after he allegedly threatened with serious consequences IG-rank IPS officer Amithabh Thakur asking him to mend his ways.
The audio content purported to be the voice of Mulayam went viral on electronic media after the IPS officer released it along with the text of the alleged conversation.
Senior UP minister Ahmed Hasan, himself a retired IPS officer, trashed Thakur’s claims as “irresponsible and childish” and demanded stern action against him.
“Such a behaviour amounts to absolute indiscipline…stern action should be taken against him as it can leave a wrong impact on the police force,” Hasan said, adding that no government should ignore this kind of behaviour of its senior officer.
Meanwhile, another senior UP minister Azam Khan demanded that the charges of rape levelled on Thakur should be probed thoroughly. “He has committed an immoral act and should not be spared,” Khan said in Jhansi.
He was commenting on the FIR registered against Thakur at Gomti Nagar police station in Lucknow alleging that he had committed rape. The FIR was lodged hours after he gave complaint against Mulayam for allegedly threatening him.