A local court here has shifted to sessions court the Hadoli killing case of 2013 communal riots in which 25 people are facing trial.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar has directed the 25 accused to appear in Sessions court on June 3, the prosecution said.
- Muzaffarnagar riots case: Non-bailable warrants against Balyan, Sadhvi Prachi
- Move to withdraw 131 Muzaffarnagar riot cases: My father-in-law is dead; someone must have killed him, says victim’s kin
- Uttar Pradesh: Anger, anguish at murder victims’ homes after news of withdrawal of riot cases
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against three persons transferred to sessions court
- MoS Sanjeev Balyan visits Muzaffarnagar prison, meets 2013 riot accused
- 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots: SIT completes probe in 503 cases; case pending against BJP MLA
One person was killed and several injured as rioters damaged property at Hadoli village under Bhorakala police station in the district on September 8, 2013.
Police had filed charge sheet against 25 people in this case.
The case is related to the communal riots that rocked Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring districts, leaving 60 people dead while thousands of others were displaced.