A 15-year-old girl was allegedly burnt alive by four men in Kheri village here, police said on Thursday.
Victim’s father alleged in his complaint that four people – Bechu, Jaskaran, Ramadhar and Pappu of neighbouring village Chandrabhanpur were misbehaving with the victim for last few days and he had filed a complaint in this regard, Superintendent of Police Arvind Sen said.
On Wednesday, the girl was set on fire by the accused at a sugarcane field, he said.
- Three arrested in Sambhal gangrape case
- Sambhal ‘gangrape’-murder: Prime accused held, SP says PM Modi ignoring crime against women
- Woman ‘gangraped, burnt alive’ in UP village
- Uttar Pradesh: Contactor’s son kills man for demanding due wages
- Unnao rape case: Chargesheet filed against BJP MLA for ‘framing man’
- Bijnor: Brother held at gunpoint, minor gangraped, say police
Taking a serious note of the incident, SP has sent Mitauli station officer to police lines due to his laxity in handling of complaint against the accused.
He rushed to the district hospital and later to girl’s native village. He also talked to victim’s father and the villagers about the incident.
Based on the complaint of the victim’s father, police have detained all the accused for interrogation, SP said.
Forensic experts from Lucknow have been called to investigate the crime spot to gather conclusive evidence about the incident, he said.
“Postmortem by a panel of three doctors under camera had been ordered to ascertain the exact cause of death,” the SP said, adding that the FIR would be lodged as per the complaint of the victim’s father.
Deputy inspector general (DIG) RK Chaturvedi also visited Kheri on Wednesday night and inspected the spot.