Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday provided Rs 1 lakh cheque and a laptop to the two brothers from Pratapgarh and another student from Mainpuri, who cleared this year’s IIT-JEE with good ranks.
While felicitating the three students – Pratapgarh brothers Brijesh Saroj and Raju Saroj, and Manpuri student Abhieshek Kumar Kamalvanshi – Akhilesh also said their families would be provided house under the Lohiya Grameen Awaas Yojana.
- IIT-JEE results: Two city students make it to top 40
- JEE Advanced results announced, Panchkula boy Pranav Goyal tops
- JEE Advanced Result 2018 to be announced today at 10 am, check at jeeadv.nic.in
- Cheque given by CM Yogi Adityanath to UP board topper bounces
- Failing eyesight couldn’t blur this cycle mechanic son’s Vision-IIT
- Rahul Gandhi, Smriti Irani lend support to daily wager’s sons who cracked IIT entrance
At the felicitation ceremony organised at the CM’s residence here, Akhilesh said their villages would be developed under the Lohia Gram Scheme.
Raju Saroj (17), the younger of the two siblings, secured 167th rank in the exam in his first attempt whereas Brijesh Saroj (18) secured 410th in his second attempt.
The two brothers had yesterday received congratulatory call from Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
“He (Rahul) congratulated us and asked local Congress MLA to help us in our future challenges,” Raju had said.
The elder brother Brijesh Saroj had received a call from film actor Aamir Khan who asked him not to take tension and continue his education without any worries, Raju had said.
The achievement of the duo is being applauded especially as they made it against all odds. Their father works as a labourer and mother is a housewife.
Help is coming from private companies and NGOs as well who have expressed their desire to extend financial support to the duo.
The CM said the state government was committed to provide all help to meritorious students of the state and was increasing facilities so that those who desire get good education get it at affordable price.