- Asian Games 2018 Day 2 Live updates Live streaming: Deepak Kumar, Lakshay Sheoran win silver medal; Vinesh Phogat in gold medal match; Kabaddi team stunned by Korea
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 3, Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara take lead beyond 300 runs
- PM Modi writes to Imran Khan, hopes for 'peaceful engagement' with Pakistan
A CBI court on Thursday rejected the investigative agency’s final report in the 2013 murder case of Suresh Chandra Yadav, brother of slain Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav, and summoned Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, his relative and Samajwadi Party MLC Akshay Pratap Singh and 13 others as accused.
Hearing the protest application by Pawan Yadav, brother of Suresh Yadav, special judicial magistrate (CBI) Manoj Kumar rejected the probe agency’s final report and issued summons to Raja Bhaiya and others, asking them to appear before it on October 3.
Pawan’s lawyer Mukul Joshi said the court rejected the CBI’s claim that Suresh died due to an accidental shot from his gun, and summoned the 15 people as accused after going through the final report, evidence and other relevant material.
- Wife challenges CBI closure report,clean chit to MLA Raja Bhaiya
- Kunda DSP murder: Wife demands CBI closure report
- Raja Bhaiyya not named in DSP murder chargesheet
- Kunda DSP murder: CBI charges 14,doesnt name Raja Bhaiyya
- Kunda murder case: CBI seeks nod for polygraph test on Raja Bhaiyya
- DSP killing: CBI books Raja Bhaiya for murder
The case of Suresh’s murder was lodged under various IPC sections at Hathigawan police station. At Balipur in Pratapgarh district, pradhan Nanhe was first murdered, followed by the killings of his brother Suresh, and the then Kunda circle officer Zia-ul Haque, on March 2, 2013.
While the CBI had arrested five persons for Nanhe’s murder, including Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and his brother Rajeev alias Raju, it was claimed that Suresh’s death occurred after the gun he was carrying accidentally went off.
For Haque’s murder, the agency had arrested the slain pradhan’s family members, including Pawan, claiming that they killed the police officer as they were angry over the deaths of Nanhe and Suresh.
In his protest application, Pawan contended that Suresh was killed at the behest of Raja Bhaiya and others. The other accused summoned by the court include Rajiv Pratap Singh, Sanjiv Singh, Jivendra Pal, Nanhe Singh, Kamta Pal, Ajay Pal, Vijay Pal, Bulle Pal, Munna, Manoj Kumar Shukla, then SHO of Hathigawan police station, among others.