Unlock 3.0 Guidelines: Announcing ‘Unlock 3’ guidelines on Wednesday, the Ministry of Home Affairs removed restrictions on the movement of individuals during night while allowing yoga institutes and gymnasiums to open from August 5. However, strict enforcement of lockdown in containment zones have been extended till August 31.
Moreover, there shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. No separate permission, approval or e-permit will be required for such movements.
It has also has been decided that schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till August 31. Besides, metro rail, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls shall remain closed.
Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations are still not permitted. However, the government mentioned that dates of these services would be “decided separately based on the assessment of the situation”.
Unlock 3.0 guidelines: What’s allowed
* Movement of individuals during night hours
* Yoga institutes, gymnasiums will open from August 5. A standard operating procedure will be issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
* Independence Day functions allowed with social distancing
* International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission.
Unlock 3.0 guidelines: What’s not allowed
* Metro Rail services
* Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
* Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
* Vulnerable persons, ie people above 65 years of age, people with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
Unlock 3.0 guidelines for containment zones
* Lockdown in containment zones will remain imposed till 31 August.
* Within the perimeters of containment zones, strict social distancing and other norms of containing the spread of the virus shall be maintained and only essential activities will be allowed, MHA said.
* These containment zones will be notified on the websites of respective district collectors of the states and UTs and activities taking place in these zones will be strictly monitored by the authorities. States and UTs can impose its own guidelines outside the containment zones, which they deem necessary.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines