A Gwalior-based whistleblower in the Vyapam scam, who has been provided police security on court orders, has alleged that an unidentified biker made an attempt on his life on Monday. Ashish Chaturvedi has also filed an FIR in this connection at Jhansi Road Police Station.
The “attack” comes two days before Chaturvedi is to depose before an additional district judge’s court in a related case.
Chaturvedi (26) has said he was returning home on his bicycle and a security guard was trailing him on another bicycle. Between 12.30pm and 12.45pm, when he was on Science College Road near Chetakpuri, a biker pushed him to the ground, he said.
- Mystery surrounds death of 24-year-old fished out of Agra Canal near water park
- Vyapam scam whistleblower moves privacy plea in Madhya Pradesh HC
- Vyapam ‘Whistleblower’: ‘Too many guards, they even follow me to toilet’
- My wife has been detained for no reason, says Vyapam Scam whistleblower
- MP govt accuses Vyapam scam whistleblower of ‘political affiliation’
- Delhi HC orders police protection for Vyapam case whistleblower
Chaturvedi told The Indian Express the alleged attacker had been following him and hit him when the security guard was separated due to traffic. He said CCTV cameras could not capture the incident because it happened outside the range, and that since 2012, at least four attempts had been made on his life.