In a bid to make the month-long Vikas Parv (festival of development) a success, BJP leaders have been on a social media blitzkrieg, with cabinet ministers and ministers of state widely sharing pictures of them addressing meetings around the country.
Using the hashtag #VikasParv, senior leaders have been keeping their followers updated about the events planned across the country to celebrate two years of Narendra Modi government.
The BJP launched the programme to highlight the achievements of the Modi government during their two-year rule. Unhappy with the media coverage the government received after completing two years on May 26, the BJP has formed teams, each comprising of a cabinet minister, a MoS and an office bearer of the BJP, to address rallies and meetings at different locations and highlight the achievements of the government.
Each team is tasked with listing down the various initiatives brought forward by the Modi government. So far, senior leaders in the party such as Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley took part in Vikas rallies.
- After PM Modi rally fiasco, BJP wants to fly drone at Amit Shah’s Kolkata meeting
- Amit Shah in 1800 Delhi BJP WhatsApp groups to ‘stem fake news’
- Use social media to create awareness, not strife, says Manoj Tiwari
- AAP leaders, workers to march to LG’s house tomorrow; BJP terms it a ‘drama’
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath meets actor Sanjay Dutt as part of ‘Sampark for Samarthan’ initiative
- Karnataka Assembly Elections 2018: Congress trends #AnswerMaadiModi, BJP responds with #NammaModi
— Suresh Prabhu (@sureshpprabhu) June 16, 2016
— Birender Singh (@ChBirenderSingh) June 17, 2016
— P Muralidhar Rao (@PMuralidharRao) June 17, 2016
— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) June 17, 2016
— Poonam Mahajan (@poonam_mahajan) June 17, 2016
* Harsimrat Badal belongs to SAD, which is part of the NDA government at Centre.