Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday condemned the terror attack on a university campus in Kenya, saying any ideology or religion cannot justify such acts.
- Sonia Gandhi: Modi govt discriminating against Congress-ruled Karnataka, is this ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’?
- Karnataka elections: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi didn’t like when Kovind, a Dalit, became President, PM Modi alleges
- India land of hatred, falsehood under PM Modi: Sonia Gandhi
- Congress plenary session: Top quotes of Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi
- India strongly condemns outrageous terror attack in Kenya
- No tolerance for corruption,says Sonia
Expressing anguish and pain, she said, “Only barbaric and inhuman groups/individuals could carry out such acts in premises of education and learning. Any ideology or religion cannot and should not justify such acts,” she said.
At least 147 students were massacred when Somalia’s Shebab Islamist group attacked a Kenyan university on Thursday. Hurling grenades and firing automatic rifles, the masked gunmen stormed the university in the northeastern town of Garissa as students were sleeping.