Ram temple in Ayodhya and abrogation of Article 370, which grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir, continue to be on BJP’s agenda but any decision on them can be taken only after wide consultations, Law Minister D V Sadananda Gowda has said.
He also said the present focus of the Narendra Modi government is on good governance and development, which were ignored in the past 10 years by the previous UPA government.
- Karnataka Elections 2018 — Deve Gowda interview: ‘Hung verdict not an issue now… if it arises, party will decide’
- Amit Shah interview: ‘There is no chance of a fractured verdict in Karnataka, we are well past the halfway mark’
- Karnataka elections: Decision to deny ticket to BS Yeddyurappa son was needed to send message to society, says Sadananda Gowda
- Uniform Civil Code must for national integration: Law Minister Sadananda Gowda
- Vyapam scam: For Law minister Sadananda Gowda, the multi-crore scandal is a ‘silly issue’
- Will speak to stakeholders: Gowda
“Already I have made a statement on the floor of the House in Rajya Sabha. So, it is there on the agenda of the BJP because in the manifesto we said that Article 370 needs to be amended.
“We have gone one step ahead. Again, I am telling the same word, that this matter should be discussed with various political parties and even certain areas where it has been benefited, they should also should be taken care of,” Gowda said.
He said there are “so many” stakeholders who should be consulted.
“Then only we can go ahead. We can’t take a nasty decision or a hasty decision without coming to a closer consensus between all the political parties. So, slow and steady we should go ahead. So, that means we have not left it out,” he said.
The minister said now the primary aim of the government is good governance and development.
“These are the very important issues. Since last 10 years, there was no governance at all and development has been simply thrown to the sea. Now, we are working on good governance and development.
“Along with that, other issues — it may be Sri Ram temple, Article 370. So, we have not left it out. Slowly, we have to convince and we have to wait for some more time. It is on our agenda,” he asserted.