“I humbly accept the party’s decision. I will contest from Nawada. I will file my nomination papers on March 19,” he told reporters.
Singh said he was confident that BJP leaders and workers of Nawada district would work hard to send him to Parliament to achieve the larger objective of making Narendra Modi the next Prime Minister.
He said he had already held meetings with party leaders and workers of Nawada district.
Singh, who was miffed with the state party leadership for ignoring his demand for a ticket from Begusarai, said all controversies over his constituency were over for now.
Admitting that he had certain problems with the state BJP leadership, Singh said he would speak up at an appropriate time after the polling in his constituency next month.
Without naming him, Singh had blamed former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi for scuttling his candidature from Begusarai, and said yesterday that he would reciprocate Modi in kind when the latter would seek to fulfil his chief ministerial ambition next year.
Singh had also threatened to expose at an appropriate time those BJP leaders who were working against the party’s interests in Bihar.
Stating he had taken note of state BJP vice president Sushil Sharma’s jibe at him apparently at the behest of Sushil Modi that he was undeservedly promoted by the party and made a member of the Legislative Council for two terms, he said he would respond to these comments at an appropriate time.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines