Narendra Modi was unanimously elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party. During his acceptance speech in Central Hall of Parliament, 63-year-old Modi broke down when he referred to L K Advani’s mention that he had done favour to the party by taking up the responsibility.
Here are top ten quotes of the prime minister-designate.
1. Can serving the mother be a favour? A son is only dedicated to serve the mother….The favour has been done by the party.
2. I am a very optimistic man and only an optimistic man can bring optimism in the country.
3. There is new hope among people that this dispensation can fulfill their aspirations.
4. Hung verdict would have meant anger against previous govt; Clear verdict to BJP shows people voted for hope and aspiration.
5. Want to assure people there is no need for pessimism going by the past bad experience; country has huge potential
6. I am not doing any favour, only performing a duty; this victory is a result of struggle of five generations.
7. I will try to live up to expectations of people; will present report card to people in 2019.
8. This election result has increased people’s faith in democracy.
9. I don’t believe UPA government did nothing; they did whatever they could and they deserve appreciation for whatever good they did.
10. We are not here for any positions but for a responsiblity
With PTI inputs