Cow urine is effective in curing cancer completely, BJP member Shankarbhai N claimed in Rajya Sabha on Thursday while pressing for stopping cow slaughter.
“If you want to save yourself from cancer, there is a need to protect cows on a priority because cow urine is effective in curing cancer completely. It can cure cent per cent. I can vouch for it. Nobody wants to hear this,” he said while participating in a debate on Budget.
- Computer Baba to Mahant: Get MoS status from Shivraj Singh Chouhan, call off scam protest
- Cow debate: From cancer cure to snapping ties with countries
- Subramanian Swamy calls for tax to fund gaushalas across India
- Declare cow national animal, says Rajasthan HC judge, among a few other things
- Mughals knew protecting cows was way to rule hearts of Indians, says Rajnath Singh
- VHP wants ban on cow slaughter, no dams on Ganga
“There are many uses of cow dung and urine and can be put to use to treat even severe diseases like cancer,” he added. Describing cow slaughter as “a sin”, the BJP member said “in Vedas, it is said cows are like mothers. …If cows are not protected, nobody can save the country.”
Besides, cow dung is also essential for promoting organic farming, which the government has focused on in the budget in a big way.
“To promote organic farming, we need ‘pashu dhan’ (cows) and cow dung,” he added.