Shiv Sena, an alliance partner of BJP at the Centre and in Maharashtra, Sunday called BJP a party of ‘nakli Ram bhakts’ and announced to contest all the 403 seats in Uttar Pradesh in the 2017 Assembly polls with a promise to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Shiva Sena also said that Muslims cannot be empowered by giving them freebies and quota in employment. They will get empowered only when they adopt a two-child norm and agree to undergo vasectomy.
- Sena takes on BJP for asking MP to apologise for remark on Christian participation in freedom struggle
- Maharashtra session: Opposition to corner govt on refinery, farm loan waiver
- Shiv Sena’s evolution: From Marathi Manoos to Hindutva, from with the BJP to without the BJP
- Shiv Sena says ‘2014 political accident’ will not happen in 2019
- Shiv Sena, MNS cannot become part of secular front, says Congress
- Week after BJP’s bypoll defeats, Amit Shah to meet Uddhav Thackeray, Parkash Singh Badal
Shiva Sena’s UP state unit chief Anil Singh made these remarks during a public meeting in Kidwai Nagar in Kanpur on Sunday. Addressing party workers, he said: “Ham jo kehte hain, wahi karte hain, nakli Ram bhakton se savdhan”. (We do what we promise. Beware of fake disciples of Lord Ram). Banners with same text were displayed at the meeting venue.
Singh said that BJP leaders were fake followers of Ram because they were not taking any step to build Ram temple in Ayodhya despite being in power at the Centre. The Shiv Sena would contest all the 403 seats in the assembly polls in 2017 on the agenda of Hindutva and initiate development of Ram temple if it get power in the state, he said. Though the BJP has dropped these issues from their agenda, Shiv Sena would continue to highlight the same, he said.
According to Anil Singh, the disputed structure in Ayodhya was demolished by Shiv Sainiks on December 6, 1992. His party had organised a special prayer on December 6 last to take pledge for building Ram temple in all districts.
Addressing the gathering, Singh also said that the Samajwadi Party government of UP has become “Namazwadi” due to its Muslim appeasement policy. Singh said that Hindus are about to become minority in 14 districts of western UP following rise in population of Muslims there.
Shiv Sena is BJP’s ally in NDA. But in UP, both the parties always contested separately without any alliance. Shiv Sena had contested in 31 Assembly seats in UP in 2012 but failed to win one.