Hitting back at Rahul Gandhi over his “suit-boot ki sarkar” jibe, BJP on Saturday said such criticism shows that Congress has become “direction-less” even as it claimed that it had never commented on the clothes which former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru chose to wear.
“Congress has become direction-less now. In the last ten years I have never seen his (Rahul’s) speech in the Parliament lasting more than 10 minutes. But he has replenished his energies after coming back from Bangkok.
- Constitutional provisions Ambedkar made for Dalits being trampled upon, says BJP MP Savitri Bai Phule
- Fifth column: A bad rehearsal
- Karnataka elections saw PM Narendra Modi at his fiery best: A recap
- BJP takes ‘soot-boot’ jibe against Rahul Gandhi’s jacket, Congress laughs it off
- Rahul Gandhi ‘afraid’ of women leaders in BJP: Shahnawaz Hussain
- Congress has conceded its defeat; its frustration visible: BJP
They have now directed their energies towards misleading people. When you have no issue to comment on, you start commenting on people’s clothes,” BJP national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said here.
“Congress is trying to mislead the people by commenting on Prime Minister’s clothes. Did we ever speak about the kind of sherwani Jawaharlal Nehru wore? We also did never discuss the clothes Congress president wears,” he said.
“Whether the Congress wants or not, the country would progress,”