The BJP has sought to pay the Congress back in its own coin saying it is ready for discussion on all issues – including on “damaad (son-in-law)” and Quatrocchi, besides scams in Congress-ruled states.
The BJP has prepared a strategy for day two following several rounds of meetings. It has asked Kailash Vijayavargiya to coordinate with state units to collect all details of the charges against chief ministers in opposition-ruled states.
BJP sources said they have asked their MPs to give notices under various rules to discuss charges of corruption or irregularities against CMs in Congress-ruled Kerala, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Assam and TMC-ruled West Bengal.
- Kamal Nath writes ‘open letter’ to Lord Shiva to end BJP ‘misrule’ in Madhya Pradesh
- Jharkhand: Congress in talks with JMM, JVM; seeks grand alliance for Lok Sabha polls
- Many Congress, JDS leaders ready to join BJP, claims Yeddyurappa
- Congress, BJP woo tribals in poll-bound Chhattisgarh
- Shiv Sena, MNS cannot become part of secular front, says Congress
- Karnataka government formation: What has happened so far
“The government is willing to discuss everything. We have nothing to hide, nothing to worry about,” Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters. “This out-of-tune chorus of the dishonest Congress will fail.”
His deputy Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the government is ready for discussion on all issues but the Congress “wants only disruption”. “This is nothing more than the noise of skeletons of Congress’s corruption. We are ready to discuss pending issues from damaad to Quattrocchi,” he said, referring to land deals of Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra and the Bofors scam. The government is ready to discuss the “Kerala fodder scam, the Goa watergate project scam, the Uttarakhand flood scam, the Himachal Pradesh steel scam”, PTI quoted Naqvi as saying. Ravi Shankar Prakash echoed this.