- After nine days, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal ends L-G office sit-in, officers back at work
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal demands Arvind Kejriwal to sack Sukhpal Singh Khaira for Sikh referendum remarks
- Deadlock ends as Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal calls off nine-day sit-in at L-G’s residence, AAP terms it ‘victory of democracy’
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday gave his best wishes to Kiran Bedi for her new assignment as the Lt Governor of Puducherry.
“My best wishes to Kiran Didi for this new role,” Kejriwal tweeted.
Bedi was on Sunday appointed as Lt Governor of Puducherry.
- Delhi, Puducherry Lt Govs ‘interfering’ in functioning of elected govts: Narayanasamy
- CM Arvind Kejriwal, former CM Sheila Dikshit spar over Delhi’s statehood
- Kiran Bedi hits back at CM V Narayanasamy; says she is on a mission and not a job to quit
- No free rice from govt if villages are littered, not free from open defecation: Puducherry Lt Guv Kiran Bedi
- Anna Hazare ends fast after holding talks with Maharashtra CM, agriculture minister
- Kiran Bedi assumes charge as LG of Puducherry
Kejriwal and Bedi, both former civil servants and one-time friends, were part of social activist Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption movement.
My best wishes to Kiran Didi for this new role
While Kejriwal went to form the Aam Aadmi Party, Bedi later joined the BJP. She was declared the chief ministerial candidate of the party to take on Kejriwal.
The former IPS officer was, however, defeated in Delhi Assembly polls 2015 while the AAP chief secured a stupendous victory in the national capital.