Till 9 am, 7.7 polling has taken place across Haryana. There are over 1.61 crore registered voters in Haryana.
1. Voting commentced at all the 90 assembly seats in high-stakes multi-cornered contest.
2. Over 1.61 crore voters, including 87.37 lakh women, 88,662 service voters and 12 NRI voters, are expected to decide the fate of 1,351 candidates.
3. A total number of 16,357 polling booths have been set up.
4. Besides Congress and INLD, BJP is trying to come to power on its own for the first time since the formation of Haryana in 1966.
5. The INLD campaign was led by former Chief Minister and party supremo Om Parkash Chautala, who was out on bail on health grounds after being imprisoned in Tihar Jail at New Delhi in the teachers recruitment scam.
6. Chautala’s outing was cut short after the CBI approached the Delhi High Court, saying that the INLD chief was violating the bail terms by addressing election meetings.
(With PTI inputs)
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines