Aam Aadmi Party Punjab In-charge Sanjay Singh on Tuesday too attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for “not” taking action against Robert Vadra, son-in-Law of Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi, for his alleged involvement in scams.
He alleged that before Lok Sabha elections Modi used to claim he would send Vadra to jail for his alleged involvement in land scam but after coming to power he “did not” utter his name even once.
Singh said Congress and BJP were “two sides of the same coin” and “befooling” the citizens of the country.
- Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman election: AAP may abstain from voting
- BJP questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence over IT notice to Robert Vadra
- BJP slams Congress on report that Bhandari paid for Robert Vadra air tickets
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani asks Rahul Gandhi to break silence over Vadra issue
- BJP asks Congress to break silence over Robert Vadra’s alleged links with arms dealer
- Modi, Hooda snatching land from farmers: Kejriwal
Referring to reports that arms dealer Sanjay Bhandari allegedly facilitated purchase of a property in London for Vadra, Singh said, “Funds came from him (Bhandari)”, and it is “evident the money was paid to Vadra for securing (defence) deals in previous UPA government”.
“Despite having all proofs against Vadra, what is stopping Modi from initiating action against him,” he said.
“Before elections, BJP released a CD and booklet of allegations of scam against Robert Vadra, was that also a Jumla?” Singh asked.
He demanded that Modi fulfill his promise by taking action against Vadra.