2006 Malegaon blasts accused in civic poll fray

The trio,who are out on bail,filed nomination as Samajwadi Party candidate.

Written by Agencies | Malegaon | Published: March 28, 2012 11:29:15 am

Three persons,who were arrested in connection with the 2006 bomb blasts in this powerloom town,on Tuesday filed nomination papers for the April 15 election to Malegaon Municipal Corporation (MMC).

Salman Farsi,Shabir Masulla and Jahir Abdul Majid,all contesting as Samajwadi Party candidates,filed their papers from civic wards no 28,21 and 22 respectively,local SP leader Chandrashekhar Devre said.

A total of 600 nominations have been received for the 80-seat civic body in Nashik district,MMC sources said.

The three were among the nine men who were granted bail by a Special MCOCA Court in November last year. They all were accused in the 2006 Malegaon bombings in which 37 persons were killed and hundreds injured.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement