October 12, 2009 8:27:22 am
In a significant development,the Pakistan ISI station chief,MK Afridi,at its High Commission in Delhi got electrocuted while drying his hair late Sunday night at his Vasant Vihar residence and died. His body was taken to Pakistan via Wagah border in the wee hours of morning after intervention at the highest levels.
Government sources told The Indian Express that Pakistan High Commission told the local police that Afridi,who held the post of Counsellor,was electrocuted as he was using a dryer after having bath in the evening at his Vasant Vihar residence. Apparently as no foul play was suspected,no post mortem was conducted. It was at the diplomatic intervention that Pakistan High Commission was allowed to transport the body to Pakistan. It is learnt that the Pakistan High Commission officials took the body via road at 3.00 am this morning and the entourage crossed Wagah around 8.00 am.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.