CBI has filed its first chargesheet in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case today in Gujarat high court. Ishrat Jahan and three others were allegedly killed in a fake encounter in 2004 by the Gujarat police.
CHARGES AGAINST THE EIGHT POLICEMEN
120(B). Criminal Conspiracy
364. Kidnapping or abducting in order to murder
368. Wrongfully concealing or keeping in confinement,kidnapped or abducted person.
346. Wrongful confinement in secret
201. Causing disappearance of evidence of offence,or giving false information to screen offender
202. Intentional omission to give information of offence by person bound to inform.
203. Giving false information respecting an offence committed.
204. Destruction of document to prevent its production as evidence.
217. Public servant disobeying direction of law with intent to save person from punishment or property from forfeiture.
ARMS ACT- 25(IB)- one who acquires,has in his possession or carries any firearm or ammunition