scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, September 19, 2021

55 girl students taken ill in Bihar after drinking water in school

The girls studying in Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalaya fainted soon after drinking water from a hand pump.

Written by PTI | Sitamarhi |
August 2, 2013 2:25:12 pm

Fifty-five girl students were today taken ill after drinking water from hand pump in a government girls’ school in Tharhar village in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district.

The girls studying in Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalaya fainted soon after drinking water from a hand pump,Block Education Officer (BEO) Shahjanand said.

While 48 sick girls have been taken to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Runnisaidpur block,the remaining seven were rushed to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) in Muzaffarpur,he said.

The condition of those girls undergoing treatment at the PHC was said to be stable,Shahjanand stated.

It could be a suspected case of poisoning,sources said.

Senior district officials reached the school to probe the matter.

Eleven students of a government school fell ill after drinking contaminated water during their midday meal in Bihar’s Saran district yesterday just a day after 150 others reported sick after eating at school in Jamui and Arwal districts.

Twenty three students of Dharmasati Gandaman primary school in Saran district had died after eating poisonous midday meal on July 16.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by indianexpress.com.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement