Journalism of Courage
Premium

Kailash Mansarovar Yatra will happen this year: India

"We will soon issue a public notice on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra and there is a possibility of resumption of the Yatra soon," External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said.

The Kailash-Mansarovar yatra through the Lipulekh pass was closed in 2019 after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. Kailash peakThe Kailash-Mansarovar yatra through the Lipulekh pass was closed in 2019 after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. (Express File)
Advertisement

India on Thursday said there is a possibility of resumption of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra soon and a public notice could be issued over it.

India and China have been looking at resuming the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra as part of efforts to improve ties after the two countries completed disengagement of troops at the two remaining friction points of Demchok and Depsang under the framework of a pact sealed in October last year.

“We will soon issue a public notice on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra and there is a possibility of resumption of the Yatra soon,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said.

“The Yatra will happen this year and we are making preparations. More information will be put out for the public soon,” he added.

The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra has not taken place since 2020.

Curated For You

Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

Tags:
  • Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Edition
Install the Express App for
a better experience
Featured
Trending Topics
News
Multimedia
Follow Us
Big PictureHow a budding long-distance runner from Haryana got embroiled in a doping scandal in Kenya
X