The YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) will strongly oppose the Land Bill and bring to the notice of the Centre the deaths at Godavari Pushkar ghat which, it claims, were a fallout of the “publicity mongering” by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, a statement from the party said on Saturday.
“We strongly oppose the Land Acquisition Bill, which allows the acquisition of multi-crop lands without incorporating necessary buffers like social impact assessment and consent of farmers,” party MP and floor leader Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy said after the Parliamentary Party meeting, held under the chairmanship of Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to discuss the strategy to be adopted in the Monsoon Session beginning July 21.
- Ties with BJP severed, Chandrababu Naidu reaches out to woo Muslims back
- YSRC MPs quit over Modi govt’s ‘failure’ to grant special status for Andhra
- Andhra Pradesh special status: Five YCRP MPs say they will resign from Lok Sabha tomorrow
- I will support any party that gives us special category… even Congress: Jagan Mohan Reddy
- TDP’s no-trust motion: Jagan Reddy says interest of Andhra paramount, above ‘political upmanship’
- To counter YSR Congress, Telugu Desam Party begins public outreach programme
“The party will also highlight the fact that Naidu and his publicity mongering was responsible for the tragedy at Pushkar ghat in Rajahmundry in which nearly 30 persons died. The CM, instead of offering puja at the designated Saraswathi Ghat, deviated from protocol and took the dip at the main ghat and posed for cameras, keeping the devotees waiting for over three hours, which resulted in the stampede,” the MP said.
“We will also bring to the notice of the Centre the water sharing issue and the indiscriminate drawing of water by Telangana,” he said.