Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Philip Campose retired on Friday after more than 40 years of service in the Army.
The General Officer took over as the Vice Chief of Army Staff on August 1, 2014, after having commanded Army’s Western Command.
He is an alumnus of St Xavier’s School, Delhi, the National Defence Academy, Pune and the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Lt Gen Asim Munir appointed head of Pakistan’s ISI
- AFSPA: 107 petitioners from unit whose CO is named in Manipur ‘fake encounter’ FIR
- Superseding two senior Lt Gens, Bipin Rawat is new Army Chief; Dhanoa to head Air Force
- Lt Gen MMS Rai takes over as Army’s new vice chief of staff
- Lt Gen Philip Campose named Army Vice-Chief
- Lt Gen Campose takes charge as Western Command Army Commander
He was commissioned into the 9th Gorkha Rifles Regiment in 1974 and later transferred to the Mechanised Infantry in 1982.
He is also Colonel of Mechanised Infantry Regiment since June 1, 2013. He will be succeeded by Lt Gen MMS Rai, currently the Eastern Commander.