UP Police, RAF, paramilitary patrol tense Dadri village

The village remained tense, with members of both communities staying away from each other on Wednesday.

Written by Aditi Vatsa | Dadri | Published: October 1, 2015 1:56:11 am

Bisara village remained under a security blanket on Wednesday, two days after its resident Mohammed Akhlaq was lynched following rumours that his family had consumed beef.

Taking no chances, police have stepped up security in Bisara, particularly around Akhlaq’s house, the main mosque and Eidgah grounds. Raids have also been conducted in surrounding areas to look for four more suspects.


“Six people have been arrested. The investigation is underway and we are conducting raids in Dadri and surrounding areas,” said Gautam Buddha Nagar Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kiran S.

Share This Article
Related Article

The village remained tense, with members of both communities staying away from each other on Wednesday. Police claimed that peace committees had been formed, comprising Hindus and Muslims, to calm sentiments and restore harmony.

Personnel from nearby police stations, the Uttar Pradesh Provincial Armed Constabulary, the Rapid Action Force and paramilitary forces have been deployed in the village.

Akhlaq’s son Danish, who was also assaulted by the mob, is still in a critical condition. “The victim’s son is still on ventilator support. We are monitoring the situation,” said a senior police official.

Meanwhile, the Dadri Police have sent meat recovered from Akhlaq’s house to the forensic science laboratory (FSL) in Mathura.

“The meat has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) in Mathura for testing. The test results will be disclosed within a week,” said Dadri circle officer Anurag Singh.

Police have also ordered a magisterial inquiry into a shooting incident near the NTPC power plant, in the wake of Akhlaq’s death.

Following the arrest of six suspects in Akhlaq’s murder, residents of Bisara had blocked traffic in protest and clashed with the police. In the ensuing scuffle, 20-year-old Rahul Yadav was allegedly shot in the leg. Police are yet to ascertain who opened fire.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App