A 26-year-old woman was stabbed to death by her husband, who later surrendered to police, in Baburam Sarraf Nagar locality of the district.
According to police, one Karuna Shankar stabbed her wife Babita to death late last night. He later reached kotwali with the murder weapon and surrendered.
- Pune Police In Dark: Like Antara Das case, five other murder cases remain unsolved
- Maharashtra: Man kills cousin’s three family members for taunting him
- Days after body exhumed: Wife, her friend booked for killing Kashmir man
- Murder of Jamnagar Lawyer: Two held from Mumbai for planning lawyer’s murder for Rs 50 lakh
- In shadow of Kathua rape-murder, a killing threatens a village’s peace
- Marital dispute turns gory: Man stabs daughters mother-in-law to death
The motive behind the crime was yet to be ascertained and probe was on, police said adding that Kheri Superintendent of Police, Arvind Sen, later visited the crime spot and met the deceased’s family members.
Family dispute is believed to be the reason behind her murder, they said.