Supreme Court Friday granted one year more for conclusion of trial in the sexual assault case against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal. A bench led by Chief Justice H L Dattu took note of district judge’s request to extend the deadline. The apex court had in January ordered the trial court to decide the case within eight months. Tejpal is out on bail.
- Supreme Court asks Goa court to complete trial against Tarun Tejpal in one year
- Inconsistency in statements and video in rape case: Tarun Tejpal tells SC
- SC judge recuses from hearing Tarun Tejpal’s plea
- Timeline of Tarun Tejpal rape case
- Tarun Tejpal case: Supreme Court stays for three weeks trial of sexual assault case against Tehelka founder
- Tejpal moves SC, says haven’t got records yet